Hydraulics Technician required on a permanent basis for a market leading subsea engineering company with global reach. Based in a picturesque location in Hartlepool this company require a lead engineer with strong diverse experience within mechanical and electrical design engineering.
The company are well-established with a packed order book looking to expand in key areas to continue successful delivery of projects. They offer the successful applicant the opportunity to impact the business as whole through their dynamic approach and welcome individuals with their own ideas to improve the business. The structure of the team allows for employees to hold greater accountability.
Background of post
The Hydraulics Technician is required to manufacture hydraulic panels and associated equipment on reeler systems, ensuring a high standard of quality while working within time restraints. Reporting to the Hydraulic engineer the position will require an ambitious individual who is enthusiastic about learning and developing a successful career within hydraulic engineering. The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and proactive. An ability to work closely with other company departments and liase with the Reeler completion team on a daily basis.
Main duties of the job.
1. Following engineering drawings, schematics and procedures to manufacture hydraulic panels and reeler sub-assemblies, using coning, threading and pipe bending techniques.
2. Testing of hydraulic panels and reeler sub-assemblies to set procedures.
3. Responsible for maintaining any associated paperwork of the manufacture process and testing.
4. Responsible for good housekeeping and maintaining the hydraulic panel area.
5. Communicate with the line manager frequently and keep fully informed at all times.
6. Maintain files and working environment in an orderly and safe fashion within the QA system.
7. Comply and implement HSE policies.
8. Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required by the company.
The individual should maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance as they are essential for the effective running of the department.
It is also essential that good communication is maintained with both colleagues and the supervisors so that any problems are dealt with efficiently and effectively in order to help manufacturing.
Work must be maintained at a high standard and it is essential that work procedures are followed in order to ensure a quality product.
To comply with all Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards and procedures established by the company’s policies and in accordance with the requirements of relevant legislation and any regulatory bodies at all times. To have read, understood and comply with the company Health and Safety manual, policies and procedures and to implement these, at all times, to ensure both your own safety and the safety of those who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
Knowledge and skills required
Hydraulic background preferred but not essential.
PC literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail.
A passport and driving license are essential.
Formal qualifications are not essential.
Job ID – J1863